VEGAN, ANTIBACTERIAL, C-SECTION / POST-SURGERY/ PAINFUL PERIOD KNICKERS
Every design in this collection is named after a person who has spiritually helped Ash on her journey to where she is today, and she needs to credit them for their help.
Ms Wagland Knickers
Named after Ash’s inspirational art teacher at secondary school, Helen Wagland who taught her she could get to London College of Fashion and become a fashion designer despite being working class. This is Ash’s thank you for having her back and pushing her through the glass ceiling.
Welcome into the arms of Dandelion Weatherstone Ltd, a company set up with a vision to provide antibacterial, vegan and funky post C-section / abdominal surgery knickers to women / birthing people at their time of need. Our vegan founder Ash, first realised that there was nothing fit for purpose after her emergency C-Section in 2012, and it was in the recovery room that her anger over the situation became an ambition to help other women and birth people in her position. Dandelion Weatherstone offers:-
- High waisted knickers with soft fibres to avoid incision irritation
- Boning and elasticated polyester fabric to pull the tummy in and reduce the risk of diastasis recti (separation of the ‘six pack’ muscles), and reduces pain in post-operative situations or painful period / endometriosis / PCOS
- The fibres have been impregnated with SILVADUR 930 FLEX Antimic IDH NO: 16896 an antibacterial agent which is guaranteed for 50 washes at 40 degrees to prevent infection. 3-15% of all C-section sites and 15-25% of other abdominal surgery sites will become infected (stats from National Centre for Biotechnology Information, USA)
- This product acts as a shield to protect your wound when breastfeeding so you can bond with your baby
- Totally vegan, including the dyes and processes. We’ve tried to go as eco-friendly as we possibly can for a product that needs certain un-eco qualities to it, and we are aiming to make it more green over time. Our contract to the factory even involved requesting minimum water usage when rinsing the dyes out.
- An anti-slavery policy on our manufacturing
- Our bisexual founder likes to treat the LGBTQ community as family, and no matter how sensitive your situation is, you will be treated with the utmost respect that you deserve, and with the pronouns you request to be used.
You can find out more about Ash and her inspirations here
Can’t afford our knickers? How about having them for free?
That’s fine, there’s no snobbery here. Women and birth people deserve our knickers irrespective of income. The kind folks at UW (formally Utility Warehouse) give Ash a referral bonus for anyone who signs up, and she uses that money to buy your knickers. All you have to do is email us your details and she will arrange a non-obligation phone or Zoom consultation to discuss being bought out of your contracts. Ash is a personal customer and they have saved her a huge amount of money, plus they are all about being ethical and green. Their customer service is amazing and her switch over for broadband and my mobile phone was seamless. Have a look at their website www.uw.co.uk for what products they offer.